Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Everything Happens For A Reason

It's that age-old phrase "everything happens for a reason." And while that phrase is indelibly true, it is sometimes hard to find the reasons in things until after the fact. Without going into detail, that phrase has been proven true time and time again in my life, and I just have to be patient to figure out what the heck the reasons are for certain things happening. And, in time, I figure it out. But the most frustrating part is always the present - trying to figure out why certain things are happening to you NOW when you don't have that magic crystal ball to tell you what lies ahead in the future. I guess there wouldn't be much point in that, though, if you could always see 5 miles in front of you. So instead, I try to come up with all sorts of crazy stories and reasons for why current things are happening to me. "Maybe this happened because I needed to do this, and run into this person, to connect with these people, and get this job, to do this thing..." It has actually turned out to be a really good mindset to have, because that way I am constantly learning as I am going, instead of taking years to finally look back and understand how all the puzzle pieces did eventually fit together in time. I am currently putting together quite a few puzzle pieces from last year's events through the things I am going through right now. It really is crazy to see how everything is connected in some way or another, and how you can learn from any experience you have if you look hard enough. I think part of the reason it's so important to see how the past and present relate to one another is to ensure that you don't allow yourself to repeat history time and time again. I am just now realizing that I might have begun to repeat history within my own life and so now I'm trying to stop that from happening in the coming weeks or months. But without those past experiences - good or bad - I wouldn't be prepared for the present; so there's yet another truth to that phrase. Well, in short, everything really does happen for a reason. It's my life's philosophy and I highly recommend it to anyone.

No comments: