Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work I Go!

I forgot to mention that I got two more calls about various gigs in the near future.  One is for this Sat-Tues (boom op), but unfortunately, is also unpaid.  Yes, I understand that I will most likely have to do a great deal of unpaid gigs for a while, but I decided that if I'm not even getting paid for it, I'm going to avoid working on Sundays as much as possible.  I contemplated whether or not to call this guy back and tell him that I was available for all four days, or see if I could finagle just a Mon-Tues thing.  I pulled up the original post from mandy.com and it specifically said "if you can work all days or just one, we'd love to have you!"  So I called the guy back and told him that I couldn't do Sat/Sun (technically already had plans this Sat anyway) but that I was free Mon/Tues if that worked at all.  He said that they would plan on that unless they found someone who could do all 4 days.  I also mentioned that I wouldn't mind coming on Mon/Tues to help in any other department as well, and so I think I will be on that set one way or another for the first two days of next week.  Hey, I could either (a) be sitting at home twiddling my thumbs making no money or (b) working actively on a set...making no money.  I'd rather at least make good use of my time and use that time to network and make some good connections!
Oh and this is totally off-topic, but one of the actresses on the short that I'm working on right now I happened to meet on Saturday at that party!  How random is that!  Small world already, and I've only been here two weeks... haha.

1 comment:

Tara said...

KARISAMEANJELLEY! I miss you. I'm glad you're finding ways to entertain yourself, even if you aren't getting paid for it! haha Love you bad! XOXO