Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

So... I'm not generally a baseball fan, but I was invited to a Dodger's game last night and it sounded like fun.  I was actually quite surprised at how fun it was!  We also had amazingly good seats and could see everything that was going on.  And sitting a few rows away from us was Pau Gasol from the Lakers.  Yeah, I don't usually keep up with NBA stuff either (though I do love college ball/March Madness), but the Lakers did sort of just win, and I'm in L.A.... so I've been hearing a bit about them.  And I did see the final Lakers/Magic game (though I was rooting for the Magic.  Hey, I'm from Orlando!) so I actually even recognized him!  And holy crap he is TALL!  At one point during the game, a big crowd about 20 rows back spotted him and started chanting "Lakers, Lakers!"  I felt kind of bad for the Dodgers since we were at the Dodger's Stadium, after all. 
 
Anyway, it was actually a pretty exciting game as far as baseball goes.  We had 3 or 4 home runs too!  No grand slams, but we were close a time or two!  And I had absolutely no idea about the "7th Inning Stretch" thing.  It was cool though - a girl sang, and they also did this Michael Jackson tribute thing.  Then, after the game they had a ton of fireworks accompanied by a medley of Michael Jackson songs and quotes from celebs about their thoughts on his death.  All in all, it was actually a really fun game to go to!

No comments: