Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'd Rather Work, Thanks

Well in a matter of hours, I went from having zero hours of work this week to almost 40! Tomorrow is only 5 hours ("Fresh Take" - a BYU TV show), but Thursday is 10 (BYU game), Friday is 13 (Utah's high school football state championships - one game after another), and Saturday is another 10 (another BYU game). So that's almost 40 hours! Sweet!

And aside from the hour drive up to SLC, I am so excited for Friday because I am finally working CAMERA at a sports event! For those of you who don't know, even though I am predominantly an audio person, I much prefer camera positions to audio with regard to sports events. They are WAY more fun.

Thanks to my friend Aaron who told me that KJZZ still does cover games and that it's just a different guy who crews. Lucky for me, I actually knew the guy already (from a year or two ago when I worked games for KJZZ quite frequently) and even luckier - he remembered me. Yay!

He actually called to crew me for a game last Friday, but I was scheduled for work for BYUB so I said no... about 2 hours later, BYUB called to inform me that the shoot had been canceled. But by then, the position for the football game had been filled with someone else and I was left with zero work. BOO! For those of you on facebook, that's what my status was about last week. haha.

I guess that's all I really have to say right now. Without work, my days are pretty boring (and annoying and restless and frustrating, etc). But maybe we'll have some good stories later in the week. :)

2 comments:

Zarah said...

Hooray for work! Working camera sounds like a whole lot more fun. So glad that things are going well for you!

Olivia Heilmann said...

You have such a fun job. :)