Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Make Up Your Mind


Well, here's a funny story... and slightly embarrassing, but not really.

I worked the BYU Men's Basketball game at the Marriott Center yesterday. We got there at 12:30pm and started setting up. At one point, I headed for the women's restroom and there was a sign on the door saying that it was Utah State's locker room. I was slightly confused, because that is the restroom that I always use when working games at the Marriott. I began my search for another bathroom and soon came across another one. The sign on the door said "Men and Women." I thought it was just a small little one-stall but it was a full restroom with two stalls. So, I used that one all day instead.

We finished setting up, had dinner, and before we went on-air, I went to the bathroom. A guy was in one stall and I thought to myself, "This co-ed bathroom thing is a little weird..." (though when you think about it, it's really not that weird - we're just not accustomed to it). He left before I came out to wash my hands and I thought nothing of it.

I exited the bathroom just like normal, but as I was exiting, I noticed something strange out of the corner of my eye. The sign on the door had been changed: "Men's Restroom." I have no idea when they had changed it, because I had used it not an hour ago and it was still Men and Women... but I definitely walked straight into the Men's room and used it like it was nothing out of the ordinary! I suppose now that it's a very good thing that the other guy had exited before I came out!!

I was so confused, because I could have sworn that on my way to that bathroom, the other door still said "Utah State" on it, thus leaving the other bathroom my only option... apparently I missed the switch! Haha. It definitely gave me - and the other audio guys - a laugh though! I vote that they should have a restroom on that base floor that is just stalls - not stalls, showers, and locker rooms all rolled into one. It makes it really confusing!! :P Then again, I guess it can make for good stories, too!

2 comments:

Zarah said...

I have to say walking into a Men's bathroom has always been a fear of mine. Well, just when it's unintentional and there are men in the bathroom. I wouldn't mind if the bathroom was empty. Although, it's tempting to just walk into a Men's bathroom when there's a long line for the Women's.

Kim said...

I have actually used men's restrooms quite often when there is a line at the women's. I have always had someone who could "guard" the door, however. Your story is funny!