Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Space Cowboys

Okay... you may not think this is funny, but I thought it was awesome. Tonight, I watched "Space Cowboys". I hadn't seen it, and it was on Netflix's "instant play" (best $9/mo ever!) so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Overall, it was a pretty good movie. It had a huge cast, too. But the one problem I had with it was that one of the characters looked SO familiar to me and it was driving me nuts!! I could not for the lift of me figure out what it was that I had seen him in. I kept racking my brain because he seemed so familiar to me but I couldn't pinpoint what movie I knew him from.

As soon as the movie ended, I hopped onto my computer and pulled up IMDB. (one of the best sites ever! Punch in my name - as Marisa Kelley - and see how many films you find for me!) I loaded the cast list for Space Cowboys, scrolled down, and whammo. As soon as I saw the name I couldn't help but burst into laughter. I felt like a fool once I realized who it was and why he looked so familiar.

This is Wiliam Devane
I didn't recognize him from some film or TV show - I recognized him because I worked with him for over a month!! I've never seen a single thing he has been in! His name is William Devane and I guess he was a bit bigger 10 or 20 years ago, but most people now don't really know who he is so it's not that humorous to most people. But I just got the biggest kick out of that. I think it was mainly because Space Cowboys wasn't exactly a straight-to-DVD type of movie. It was an A-list film and I worked with an actor in that cast!




I just kept randomly chuckling throughout the evening just thinking about it again. What can I say - I am easily amused! :) Anyway, there's my random story of the day!

4 comments:

Zarah said...

Good movie! I didn't recognize the title first because I think I just watched it randomly on TV one time with Ashton. When I saw the picture though it came flooding back to me. You have the funniest stories.

Dan said...

That is pretty cool. Hyde and I play the "where have we seen that actor" game all the time, but as with most people, it's always from another show or movie we've seen. That's awesome that you can have that happen because you've actually WORKED with them before! :)

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is pretty hilarious. I have actually seen him in some things...I am sure of it because he is so familiar.

Kim said...

Oh, you youngsters! I've seen William Devane is tons of things over the years. I've always liked him! Neat that you worked with him.