Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Doppelgangers

Have you ever met someone who looks exactly like someone you already know? And it weirds you out because they look so much like said person that you have a hard time calling them by his/her real name? That happened to me the other day. I've met people before that I thought reminded me of someone I was already friends with, and while some of those similarities between the two different friends remain, the big resemblances eventually fade. I'm hoping that this trend remains the same for the newest doppelganger I have met. I have never met someone who reminds me THAT much of another friend of mine. Usually it's just a few different aspects... the facial features, personality, or sometimes mannerisms. But when you meet someone who looks, acts, talks, *and* sounds like an already existent friend, it starts to get weird. You know how in the movies when they show it from the main character's point of view, and s/he sees someone and all of a sudden it does the weird flash thing and it's suddenly a different person s/he sees? And then s/he has to rub his/her eyes and make sure s/he's not seeing things? That seriously happened to me. It was the weirdest thing ever, because *that* had never happened to me before.
It's just a weird thing to think about though. I mean, how many of you have had someone tell you that you look exactly like a friend of theirs? Or that you act like some former friend, or have the same personality, or remind them of whoever their old friend is? I've had that happen to me at least twice. So that means that I have at least two doppelgangers... according to my friends. But if I met these girls in person, would they really look just like me? Or would it have been more just the personality or mannerisms that made my friend think I looked like their friend? Why do we end up meeting people who remind us of old friends of ours? Is it to make sure we become friends with them, and if they didn't remind us of an old friend, we never would have made the effort to become friends with them?? Or is it just some random thing that has absolutely no correlation whatsoever... Anyway, just my weird thought for the day...

No comments: