Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Unknown Artists and Life's Lists

So I am having an absolute blast searching for the obscure artists that no one knows of yet.  I did it last summer too, but didn't put too much thought into it.  Had I paid more attention to it, I would have realized how many of those 'lesser knowns' have actually climbed a little bit up the ladder.  I don't know how I even found her before American Idol, but my friend was looking through the list I made last year and said "Brooke White?  As in the one that was on American Idol this year?"  Haha, she was probably connected to some local Utah artist (the whole 6 Degrees of Separation thing) and I'd found her stuff and thought it was good.  She was on my list of "Artists to Keep My Eye On."  Too bad I didn't!  I had another couple like that on last year's list, but I hadn't kept up with everyone I found from last summer, so it wasn't very meaningful when I "re-looked" them up and found that they'd become popular.  Sooo, this year I'm going to keep up with the ones I've found so far.  I have really high hopes for a lot of them.  It's all I listen to these days...except for when I'm on campus and myspace is blocked by BYU... boo.  So far, two of my biggest favorites are Jonathan Clay and Todd Carey.  Oh and Eric Hutchinson.  I saw him in a small concert last week and ended up buying his CD because his songs were so catchy.  That's another thing I would love to do part-time: be a talent scout.  That would be such a fun job!  Who knows, maybe I'll do that as well as everything else on my list.  
Speaking of lists, I updated my "list of things to do in my life."  I think I'll post that on here soon.  I highly recommend it to anyone - it's amazing how much of my list I made in high school has already come true... and BIG things like "go to Australia" and "be in/work on a movie."  I didn't think at a ripe old age of 22 I'd have already completed those!  We'll see how much more of my list I'll accomplish in the next 5 years, before I revamp it again (I think a revamping is due about every 5 years).  Okay, I'm still getting used to this blog thing, so that's all I'm going to put for now!  
Oh, and go check out some of the artists on my page... seriously! (plus, I want to know what other people think!)

No comments: