Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Murder Mystery Dinner

A few weeks ago, my friend Jess and I were talking about how neither of us had ever done a murder mystery dinner and decided that we should do one. We looked it up online, found one that sounded rather entertaining, ordered it, and got a group of 8 together to do it. Tonight was the 'big night' and everyone came over to my place. Our theme was old western, so we all had to dress the part. The names alone were hilarious. They were as follows:

Butch Chastity
P'Elvis Swagarin
Helena Handcart
Chief Breaking Wind
Elvira-Lynn Fekshin
Wyatt Hertz
Dee Adela Muerte
Elias Truis-Heath

It ended up being a lot more risque than we thought it was, but honestly, I thought it added that much more to it when we discovered 'frightening secrets' of our characters' hidden pasts! Just about every character had a secret lover that was made known at some point during the game and the reactions were great. Anyway, I highly recommend doing and/or hosting a murder mystery dinner. We already want to do another one. Below are some pictures:

(Oh and by the way, I was "Butch Chastity" and was the only girl who got to wear jeans! Yeah! Believe me, I had fun with this one. I LOVE (and collect) knives, so I was packing six knives in various places, a fake gun, and a whip my friend let me borrow. It was awesome to have an excuse to wear all of this stuff!)

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is hilarious. I have never done one either. It looks totally fun.