Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dinner and a... Game

It's kind of sad that today was only my second FULL time at my new ward. I went the first week I moved in, but then something has happened every week since that has caused me to be out of town for it! Oh, and then one week I was sick too. Anyway, --oh, I need to preface something first. We got new FHE groups a couple of weeks ago and the guys in our group are really cool, and Karie and I decided that we should have them over for dinner sometime or something (there is only one apartment of guys that actually comes to FHE). We just thought it would be fun. WELL... after church today, Shark (one of the guys in that apartment) came up to Karie and me and invited us to dinner tonight at their place. I do have to include though, how he invited us, because it was really funny.

Shark walked up to the two of us and started with "So... the other two girls bailed..." haha! Stan (one of Shark's roommates) happened to overhear how Shark started with the invite and said "Dude! That's not how you ask!" Oh my goodness it cracked me and Karie up. We gave him a hard time by saying something like "we guess we'll come, since we're your backup and all..." It was so funny watching Shark trying to backpedal. But, they're cool guys and of course we accepted the invite!

We got there at six and I was quite impressed at how much work they'd put into it! We had pears as a starter, a salad, 'juice' (ie Kool-Aid), and a main dish (some sort of Mexican dish that was actually really good). Afterward, we even had homemade peach cobbler! Stan is a mean dessert maker (he made one for FHE last week too and it was delicious!) and when we commented on his skills, he said "... I like to eat...!" haha.

As soon as we finished dessert, Erin (the other girl there) had to leave, and Rob had pulled his whip out and wanted to give a demonstration. So we all went outside to watch. Yeah, that thing could do some serious damage. After that, Rob left, and Stan, Shark, Karie, and I started playing a game of Settlers of Catan. I was so excited to play again because I hadn't played since May, and I used to play every single Sunday! But then we had ward prayer and then ward game night was at our place again, so we had to cut the game short (first to 6 points instead of 10 -Karie won!) BUT... it was still fun! :)

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Ahhh...I do miss those days!