Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It Just Keeps Going and Going, and...

Wow, I haven't gotten this behind in quite some time! Let's see... where do I even begin? I finally renewed my gym membership last week and I'm trying to go at least 3-4 times a week if not more. We'll see how well that works out. I went country dancing again last Wednesday and it was probably one of the most fun times I have ever had, and I was only there for about an hour! But for that hour, I was dancing literally nonstop. I have never had so many people ask me one after the other. It was crazy!

Thursday, I went up to SLC to meet with Ty, the DP for the film I'm starting, to look at the sound equipment they have available to them and to let them know if it is all the necessary sound equipment. Oh yeah, I got work on another film! It's called "The Kane Files" and we start filming on Monday. However, though we haven't started yet, I feel like I have been kept plenty busy this whole week. I'm the sound mixer on this one (usually I'm boom - this will be the first feature I have been the sole mixer) and so that means that I am involved in all the pre-production side of things and have been talking back and forth with the producer multiple times a day. It's a whole new experience, but it has been really good for me.

Fri-Sat we had a Relief Society retreat... I was originally not going to go, because I normally hate RS stuff; but I decided I should probably give it a chance and ended up going. I was so glad I went! As it turns out, I am in a ward with hardly any girly-girls! The evening consisted of hot tubbing, mafia, and a Wii. haha I thought it was awesome.

Saturday afternoon I went to a football party to watch the BYU/SDSU game. A guy in our ward has a party for every away game and he always has a really good turnout. Afterwards, my friend set me up on a semi-blind date (turned out I had actually met him before) and we all went to the Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point. It was actually pretty fun.

Sunday I got to play Settlers after church again! It was a fun tradition back in April/May and I'm happy that I now have friends who *do* play every Sunday! So I played it with Shark and Rob (FHE brothers) tonight and then we went to ward prayer. Afterward, we had yet another highly successful round of ward game night at my place! :) A guy in our ward told me and Karie that we are "the popular apartment" now. Haha sweet!

Yesterday I went with my great uncle (my mom's uncle, Roger) to visit his friend who owns "this studio." The way Roger was talking about it though, it sounded like this small studio where a few things come through every now and then. Oh no. This studio... MASSIVE. It was where we filmed HSM3! We pulled in and I said to Roger, "I've been here before!" Yeah, this place is no small thing. It's a massive warehouse with multiple stages and sets, a 50-foot green screen, and it's pretty much amazing. And the guy who owns it, James, basically gave me an open-ended offer to come and work for him whenever I want! He knows that I'm about to start work on this film, but told me that whenever I wanted to come in, just let him know! He even has an office for me! Awesome! Oh and below are some sweet pictures of the awesome set they are currently creating for this film called Area 51.





Afterward, I went to the production office for the film I'm about to start and got everything squared away with that, signed some paperwork, got the paperwork for my boom ops, and headed home. However, when I got onto the freeway, I suddenly felt like I was in L.A. traffic again. We were moving ridiculously slow and I knew something had to be up. We finally passed one accident and I thought I was home free... wrong! After talking with my mom for 40 minutes and only going about 11 miles, I decided to ditch the whole freeway idea and take back roads all the way home. After all, I have a GPS now!

So I started on the back roads and turned on a traffic/news station to hear what was up with I-15 S. Turns out, there were not one, not two, but THREE separate accidents down I-15 S! My goodness. All in all, it took me nearly two hours to drive what is normally only about 45 minutes. Yikes.

THEN... I got home and ended up talking with a friend who is an aspiring photographer and wants people to practice on... so I'm going to her place tomorrow at noon for a photo shoot! I'm so excited! I have actually always wanted to do one just for fun, but have never had friends who just "need the practice" so I'm pretty stoked about it.

The rest of today just involves about a million things to do to get ready for this film that starts on Monday, plus regular mundane things like laundry and room cleaning. But, with everything going the way it has in the past month or so, it sure is looking like moving back to Utah - for now - was definitely the right choice! :)

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow...I live vicariously through you. ;)