Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 - A New Year, A New Decade

I guess life hasn't been exciting enough to post in the last little bit. Well, either that or *too* exciting. Oct-Nov was a bit too "exciting" with the film, and post-Thanksgiving has been all funeral related. Christmas Eve was hard for everyone when it came time to read the Christmas story. Our family finally put up a tree about 2 days before Christmas - only because the little kids were dying to decorate one. My 17-year-old sister, parents, and I had no desire to decorate the house this year. The sparsely decorated tree by the younger two was about as festive as we got.

My uncle (Alex) and his two kids (Niya and Quincy) came up for Christmas though, and it was really fun to have them in town again. We spent quite a bit of time with them. Christmas Day we all went over to Jason and Tashia's to visit with each other. There was still a lot of snow, so the kids had a blast sledding down the hill near their backyard.

I got into a cleaning mode (as I often do) and luckily was able to pull Rachel in on it and this past week or so we have spent cleaning a great deal of the house. The first were the kids' rooms. I helped Logan with his room, Rachel helped Tiana with hers. Next up was the kitchen and family room. The first time was more 'basic cleaning', but the 2nd time (a few days later) was super deep cleaning. The next day was the hall pantry and the kitchen pantry, and re-straightening of the living room. After that came the fridge and the butcher block. The day after that, Rachel and I finally tackled *her* room. Anyway, that was our present to Mom for Christmas - cleaning the house, since she'd pretty much been away for nearly a month with all the funeral stuff (staying at Grandma's, flying to Utah, etc).

I can't believe it's 2010 already. I remember when I was a little kid thinking that I was going to be "so old" in 2010. heh. I went to the Pratt's party last night and it was so much fun. No matter who is telling the stories, there are always loads to go around. Well, Happy New Year.

No comments: