Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

We Are All A Little Weird

I don't know why this is, but for some reason I am always incredibly good at keeping my blog up-to-date whenever I'm in California, but the second I get back to Utah... not so much. So I'm going to try to do better...

On the 13th, Jackie and I went to the temple. It was really exciting for both of us: for Jackie, because it was her first time; and for me, because I had never before gone with anyone who had never been. And it was just overall a really awesome experience. And randomly, we ran into one of her home teachers who had been trying to get her to go, as well as a good friend in her ward who had just been talking to her about the temple a couple days prior. We celebrated afterward by going out for sushi! Yay for sushi. :) And then, of course, stayed up WAY too late chatting. I was originally going to leave for Utah at 7 or 8am... yeah, definitely didn't even wake UP until 9. But I figured, I should probably get at least 6ish hours of sleep before a 10-hour drive. :P

I actually made record time getting back to Utah. I left Jackie's right after 10, and pulled into my 'driveway' at 7:47pm. But it worked out really well, because I actually had a date that night and getting in that early gave me enough time to actually unpack my car, shower, change, etc. When I found out we were going for sushi before the movie, I laughed, but loved it. I had sushi Monday, Wednesday, AND Thursday nights this week. It has been an excellent week. :P

After sushi, we went and saw quite possibly the absolute weirdest movie I have ever seen. It was called "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." It was Heath Ledger's last movie and he died in the middle of filming it, so they got Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell to play different parts of his character. Oddly enough, they actually made *that* part make sense. Though, that was about the only thing in the movie that did make sense! It was like one big acid trip or something. I left the theater feeling the like world should be swirling in different colors. Later on, I discovered that it was directed by the same guy who directed Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the insanity made a little more sense, but it was still an incredibly odd movie.

In other news, I finally got to hear the engagement story of a very close friend of mine! Jameson has been like my surrogate 'big brother' for quite a few years now, and so I was ecstatic when he called me on New Year's to tell me he was engaged! But he didn't have time to tell the story then, so I had to wait until today! In case he doesn't want the story posted about, I will refrain, but suffice it to say that he definitely had it *very* thought out and it was incredibly cute. :) Congratulations, Jameson. It makes me happy. :)

Post title: a quote I happened upon and it just struck me funny.

2 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Was it in the theatre? I think I might like to see that...of course going into it knowing that it is weird...

Marisa said...

Haha yeah I think it's still in some theatres. It was definitely weird, but strangely, I *almost* want to see it again, just to see if I could make sense of any of it the second time around!