Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Up, Up, and Away!

I guess I'm going to start off the year with a bang! I flew back to SLC yesterday, and as I turned on my phone once we landed, I was surprised to discover that I had 3 new text messages and two new voice mails. The first voice mail was from Glenn (a guy I have worked with on many productions) informing me that his son, Bobby, is trying to get a hold of me - he is in dire need of a boom operator for a film starting in 3 days. The next voicemail was from Bobby. Yep, he needs a boom. They start filming on the 7th at 7am...in Los Angeles... and it's currently the evening of the 4th and I'm in Utah. I quickly called him back, got it all squared away, and began preparing for a mini-move to L.A. as soon as I got home. I called up the Womacks (the family with whom I stayed all summer) and they agreed to let me do the same deal I had over summer. Housing: covered (thank goodness). I then spent all day running errands, doing laundry, sorting through a few things, depositing checks, paying bills, etc... and bright and early tomorrow morning, I make the 10-hour drive to L.A. My goal is to put at least *something* each day of this film. We'll see how well that goes...

2 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Busy girl! Wow. What a life!

Stephen Anderson said...

horray! Welcome back!