Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy People Just Don't Shoot Their Husbands!

Oh my goodness. I think that if everyone could realize how AWESOME it is to exercise, we'd have people banging on the doors of all gyms to get inside! Okay, maybe not. But shoot, I love it! And see, it's one of those love/hate relationships because I really do love going to the gym - it's just a matter of actually getting myself there!  It's like how I was with swimming and lacrosse - I always hated the initial going TO practice part, but once I was there, I loved it and didn't want to leave!

Same goes with the gym. I always have the hardest time getting there, but then once I'm there, I can't believe it took me so long to get there! My roommate Karie finally convinced me to go to Zumba with her last Friday and I loved it! Zumba is kind of like a workout routine of the Latin-dance persuasion. It totally felt like a dance class to me, and it was awesome. So I went with her again today and it was a blast! And afterward, we did our arm routine (weights) again! Dang, I hadn't done that in far too long!

Karie and I did this workout program a few summers ago where our trainer taught us how to properly 'train' and whatnot. He was a nutritionist as well, so he got us on a more healthy eating plan as well. But his workout routines were for upper and lower body. We usually just call it "arms" or "legs." So we decided to do arms today and I'm definitely going to be feeling it tomorrow! But I love being sore! Might sound weird, but I love it because I know I worked hard at it!

After the gym, I came home, got ready for institute, and went... and immediately following, I went country dancing! Yay for dancing! I hadn't been since the first week in December and I'd missed it dearly. It never ceases to disappoint me! I still can't believe the night and day difference from the before and after times of my 'epiphany on life' (see here for story). It just baffles me. I seriously used to never get asked and now, even if I try to sit one out, I still get asked! It's crazy! I love dancing, and I love life! :)

Post title: quote from Legally Blonde

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

I love to dance. I wish I could do it more often.