Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

I Love to See the Temple

Well, since I no longer have work to worry about, I met up with a good friend of mine today - Jackie. Jackie and I met originally at a party last summer, then randomly ended up working on the same film short together, and we just became really good friends. She was an investigator at the time and once I was back in Provo, I found out that she finally had an official baptism date set. So, her friend Paul and I carpooled from Utah down to L.A. in September for the baptism and I hadn't *seen* her since then.

It was great to catch up with her, and amidst our conversation, I found out that she hasn't been to the temple yet. She really wants to go, but she's just a little nervous about going. That and I guess she lost her recommend a few weeks ago and hadn't been able to find it. So, since I really have no need to be in either place (UT or L.A.) right now, I said "Shoot, I'll go with you!"


I was originally going to leave tomorrow, but oddly enough, I'd had this really odd desire to go to the L.A. temple before I went back to UT, so this was perfect! After we came back from lunch, we looked through all the places she thought the recommend might be and voila! we found it. Yay! So now we're going to go on Wednesday night and then I'm going to stay with her that night and drive back to Utah on Thursday. I'm so excited!

1 comment: