Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happily Ever After

Today was so much fun - I went to Mallory's reception!! Oh my goodness she looked absolutely *beautiful*!!! And I loved that she would still make goofy faces for the camera. I'm so happy for her and Aaron. And if you know me, I usually hate going to receptions. I don't know why, but I am just not a fan of them. I usually go for the minimal "hey congrats", call it good, and leave. But I stayed for almost the entire thing of Mallory's! It was just so much fun!! Definitely the most exciting reception I have ever been to.

David (best man), Emily (maid of honor), a few others, and I had an absolute blast decorating their car... muahaha. (I posted the whole album on facebook so if you want to see the full set of pictures, go there. But I'll include a few in here as well.) David came up with most of the phrases and he and I both messed up a time or two and had to figure out how to fix it with the way we had started writing whatever phrase it was. He started to write "Just Married" but he started to skip the "s" in "just" and started with the first line to the "t" and then gave me the marker to fix it and turn it into an 's'. It was great. And then he wanted to do the "first comes love, then comes marriage" thing, but we are retarded and couldn't remember how it went. He said "first comes... wait what comes first?" and I said "...marriage?" because it's what I was thinking about, since they had just gotten married! So then after David had written it, he looked at it and said "wait, oh shoot! Marisa we did it wrong!" But we found an open spot on the window to write "love" and then just added a lot of "..." instead. haha. And then as we were driving the car to the Gibbons' driveway, David had the bright idea to roll down the window to say something to one of the others who helped decorate the car... and in the process knocked off all of the stuff we'd put on that window. Emily nearly died in laughter when he did that... or at least I think that's why. Maybe it was because David and I were driving in the car that said "Just Married." haha.

I don't know why, but it seems that whenever he and I are in the same place, we are somehow put into situations like that. We both play volleyball so once, I invited him to play with me and my friends, and they thought he and I were dating. Or, before I moved to L.A., Mallory, Jewel, and I planned this big dinner thing... but then Martin and I broke up so I didn't have anyone to bring with me - so Mallory called David and told him to come. So it was two engaged couples and...me and David. But, it takes a whole heck of a lot for either of us to feel uncomfortable, so instead we just had fun with it. Same with today, driving in the 'just married' car. haha!

I can't believe Mallory and Aaron are finally married! And Jewel and Mike... and shoot, Jen and Mitch are already expecting a baby in a few months!! (Jen was my roommate Fall of last year, Jewel and Mallory were my roommates Fall and Winter semesters) Crazy!

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

How fun! You know, though....it starts out with an amazing friendship....