Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Food, Friends, and Fun

Well, I am definitely NOT used to having early church! I realized that this is the first time in ages that I have had early morning church! This summer it was at 1, last year it was at 12:45 or 1 (haha it's sad that I can't actually remember, when that was only a few months ago), the year before that was 1:15, the year before that was 12:45... yep, it has been a while. And it drives me nuts because it's in the basement of the JFSB (I thought I was free of having church on campus, but I guess not!) and there is absolutely no reception down there - not even enough just to give me the TIME! I don't ever really use my phone during church, but I do use the clock feature to keep track of what time it is! And there is no clock in the room that we have Sacrament Meeting (last hour). Bah, it was so annoying not be able to know what time it was! Oh well.

After church, Karie, Chalyce (my other roommate) and I had a little 'roommate meeting' since today was the first day all three of us were there at the same time. Just to discuss basic stuff - utilities, parking, internet, etc. Afterwards, I went to Mike's and we went upstairs to his neighbor Ricky's apartment and joined them in barbecuing chicken and steak, as well as making really good tamales and pico de gallo. Oh my gosh I was so full by the end, but it was all so good! They had these sweet corn tamales that I had actually never even heard of, and they were absolutely amazing! Oh man, I want to learn how to make those. Soon after that, there was even more food... dessert this time. Their ward has this dessert night thing every Sunday night. But I was so full from all of the other stuff that I only had maybe half a brownie.

Afterwards, I went to Sparks to say hi to old friends. They had just finished ward prayer and so I chatted with a bunch of people and then went back to apartment 10 (Verdon, Ian, Martin, Jason, McKay, and their new roommate Patrick who wasn't here last year) because I had to get a box of stuff Ian let me store there over the summer. But the old tradition was "Sunday Disney Movie Night" that Tara held for 3 or more years... and we were all in SDMN withdrawal, so we had one anyway at 10 and watched Toy Story. :P And the tradition I started last year (backrub trade-offs) has stayed alive too, and I traded off with both Martin and Verdon. Man, I have missed Sunday nights in Sparks!! haha. Again, glad to be back. :)

No comments: