Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well, I finally made it! I am back in Provo. And by the way, I absolutely LOVE my new place! I'll try to remember to take pictures once I get everything all set up and whatnot. The drive actually wasn't bad at all. I decided to be crazy and planned to leave around 6. I was close - I left at 6:20. But I wanted to leave that early so I could be sure to miss all of the early morning L.A. traffic. Plus, I wanted to make it back in time for the country dance tonight! I did the same thing I did when I drove out to L.A. in June - I listened to movies most of the way there. I "watched" Legally Blonde, Enchanted, and one or two others.

I like to do this weird thing of predicting the exact time I will arrive wherever it is that I'm going. So around 11 this morning I decided to predict that I would get to my new place today at 4:52. With that far in advance of a prediction, I'm usually 10 or so minutes off... but I couldn't believe it when I pulled into my new place and it was precisely 4:52! Heck yeah! Karie helped me unload the essentials, she and I chatted for a while, and then Mike came over around 5:30 or 6 to help me unload the bulk of my car (ie the heavy stuff). The original plan was to go dancing tonight, but I think both of us were too tired to go, so we went back to his place instead and made dinner and watched a movie.

And by the way, I absolutely LOVE that I am rooming with Karie! It for some reason used to be so hard to catch up with one another, and now all we have to do is walk up or down a flight of stairs! I also realized that I don't think I have ever roomed with someone I actually know so this is great! It's going to be a good year...

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

That sounds super fun!