Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kittens for Sale!

Wow, talk about an eventful day! I spent the first half of the day just working on unpacking and getting situated, and then Mike, Mimi, and her roommate Caitlin invited me to go to Seven Peaks with them. The funny thing? I lived in Provo for five years and never did manage to make it to Seven Peaks, so this was the first time I had ever been! And it was a blast! It reminded me a bit of Wet 'n Wild or Watermania from Florida. They even had a wave pool.

Afterwards, I went home to shower and change and as I was locking my front door to leave, this woman was walking by and said "oh my gosh! There are like 10 kittens in that bush!" So I looked underneath the bush and they were the most adorable things I have ever seen! There were actually only 6 - not 10, but this woman was going to call animal control. So Mike and I got a box and a blanket and rescued them! There was another slightly larger kitten in that bush too, but it was angry and VERY unfriendly, so we left that one. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up some kitten food. Mike had a bigger box at his place, so we transferred them to that one once we got back to his place.

We couldn't get them to eat anything, though. We tried a few different kinds of milk, and put some of the wet kitten food in the box too, but nothing. Mike is keeping them in his apartment for tonight, but neither of our places allow pets, so tomorrow we've got to figure out what to do with them!

1 comment: