Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Swing, Swing

I got to play volleyball again today! It made me so happy. It had been months since I last played! I got there around 1 and played til 3 or 3:30. I got a few other things done and then at 7 Mike and I went to a wrap party for the film short I worked on back in May. (I'm still not entirely sure why we had a wrap party over 3 months after we finished filming, but eh, whatever works, right?) That finished around 8:30 or so, and shortly after that we went dancing! They have country/swing dances in Provo every Wednesday and Saturday night and since we missed it on Wednesday, we decided to go tonight instead and it was a blast! I think Mike was a little leery about going at first, but by the end of the night he was having a blast. Plus, I don't know why he was so worried about it - he's a really fast learner! And, he can actually do the lifts without dropping me! So that is a definite bonus. He was pretty good at making up moves on the fly as well.

Karie and her friend Chad came too, so it was fun to see her there - and to finally meet the mysterious country dance friend I'd heard about but never actually met. haha. I forgot how much fun country/swing dancing is! Okay, maybe I didn't forget, but I am definitely happy to be back in Provo so I can actually go to these dances again! :)

I forgot to mention what happened to the kittens. We called the animal shelters here who told us that if we took them in, there was a 95% chance that they would die because they were too young to get the attention they needed (we found out that they were still so young that they needed to be bottle-fed every few hours). So we started calling friends who might want kittens and Mike eventually got a hold of his cousin who agreed to take care of them for the time being, and post them on KSL to find homes for them. I SO wish that I could keep one, but that would never work in the place I live. Drat.

(Oh, and last night I had a party to celebrate 'my return' to Provo. Considering how unfortunate the turnout is whenever I plan a party, I was quite pleased that about 15 or 20 people actually came! Zarah and Ashton came, as well as Mike Ulmer (my home teacher from last year), Verdon, Klark, their friend whose name I can't remember, Holly, Nate Hunter, Jameson and his girlfriend, Mike and his roommate/cousin Cameron, friend Trevor, and friend Krystal, Mimi and her boyfriend Mike, and if I forgot anyone, I am terribly sorry! Remember, I am backdating these posts so it has actually been a few weeks! :) But it actually turned out to be a pretty fun little shindig. We had a mean game of Apples to Apples going on too. haha. Gotta love that game... )

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

I really miss those dances.