Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Three Places at Once

I need to be in 3 places at once on Saturday...and I can't figure out what to do. Yesterday I got offered a paid gig for this Saturday and I was so excited for it because it was another PAID gig. But after I'd already agreed to it, we were closing the conversation and the last thing he said was an ambiguous comment that alluded to "Pro Universal Healthcare." Now, whether you are for or against Universal Healthcare, that is your prerogative. I personally am VERY against it and yes, I have done my research on the matter so I am not 'following blindly.'

Later on in the day yesterday I discovered that this gig that I have for Saturday is this huge PSA (public service announcement) thing heavily supporting Universal Healthcare. Now, most political issues I am not avidly for or against, but this happens to be my current #1 issue. So all day I have been debating whether or not to do it, because I *did* technically agree to it, but in all fairness, he didn't tell me what it was for until we were hanging up.

Anyway, so I have been dealing with that and trying to decide what to do and then a friend of mine texts me and tells me that he's going to be in town this Saturday and has VIP tickets to Universal on Saturday and invites me to come with. I am SO game for that! However, less than 5 minutes later, I get a text from a very good friend of mine who is getting married this Saturday asking if I could help her with audio related stuff for her reception. The only catch is that she'd need me there at 2pm... which, even if I was able to get out of the PSA thing, it wouldn't leave much time at Universal. And neither of these two things are 'reschedule-able'... But neither of those will even be a possibility if I'm stuck doing this PSA thing... Bah! Why can't I just be in 3 places at once??!

P.S., I eventually decided to give the health care gig to someone else, the Universal thing fell through, and so I spent most of the afternoon at the Gibbons' house instead! It all worked out. :)

No comments: