Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Come Dance With Me

Okay, a sum up of the last few days, because nothing exciting enough has happened to deserve a separate post. On Monday I went to campus to use the internet and ended up meeting up with Mike for a bit in between his classes. Seeing everyone on campus really made me want to take more classes... crazy, huh? Anyway, later on that day Karie and I finally started up our old work-out routine that we did last summer. We did arms and it definitely had been a while! We both had to use smaller weights and had a harder time with the repetitions too. But it felt good to finally start that back up!

Yesterday Mike and I ran a bunch of errands, did a small amount of job hunting, and I helped him with part of his calling - typing up all of the ward member information sheets each person fills out at the beginning of the year. I offered to help because I could tell that it was going to take him a long time, and I type 115 wpm so he was ecstatic that I offered to help. We did a ton yesterday, finished the rest today and then went to institute.

I honestly can't even remember the last time I'd been to institute. I feel like each time I have gone in the past, it has lasted nearly 2 hours, and I just can't sit still that long! This one was hardly like that though - the teacher didn't even show up! So this guy basically babbled about random meaningless stuff for 40 minutes, waiting for the food to come (apparently BYU wards have full meals after institute now). It was crazy how many people I actually knew in Mike's stake! I already knew about Jamie Lang (a girl I met in my CA ward this summer), and Mimi and stuff, but Chris Crabb (Martin's old roommate) lives in that stake now, as well as Ty Trejo (we had music classes together) and a few others. Random! But then again, at BYU, it's always a small world!

I was very productive today! I got everything finally situated and set up in my new place, found a 3-person couch that will actually fit downstairs ($20!), found some awesome friends to help me transport it (thanks Dave and Jacob!), bought a birthday card for my little sister and sent it out, got some groceries, did some laundry, and finished off the night by going swing dancing again! Oh my goodness it was so much fun!

I hadn't even been there a full minute before I got asked to dance! And the moment that song was done, I was asked for the next, and the next. Three in a row and I definitely needed a break! But I decided at that point, that it would be fun to create a crazy goal - get asked to dance 10 times within the hour. I was at 9 and literally had less than a minute left before it had been I reached that hour mark... and then with the clock ticking, I got #10 in the nick of time! I didn't stay much longer because I had been dancing for nearly an hour straight at that point (minus the 4 stupid line dance songs), and one of the guys I'd already danced with started to ask for 2nd dances, and I definitely didn't come looking for potentials or future dates. I just wanted to dance to dance! So I left shortly after, but I definitely got my exercise for the evening!

Post title: song by Frank Sinatra

No comments: