Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Real-Life Sitcom

My mom tells me my life could be a sitcom. She loves my morning calls because I fill her in on the 'excitement' of the night before. And let me tell you, it is SO much easier to be incredibly social in Provo than in L.A.! I always hesitate how much or how little to include on here, so I guess we'll see what happens...

Last night, Karie and I went to our combined ward FHE barbecue. I decided about a week ago that I was going to be as social as possible and hang out with a different group of friends each day, if possible. I did a pretty good job of that Sunday-Thursday of last week, but then I had to go to Pocatello Fri-Sun so that temporarily killed it. But not to worry - I picked up right where I left off and Sunday was a combination of old and new friends (at Sparks). I guess you could say that last night was also a combination of "old and new" friends... but this time around, it wasn't at the same time.

Karie and I were in line to get food and we started talking with these two guys in front of us, and we all ended up sitting together, too. I never caught what Braden does, but JB said "I'm a police officer." I don't know why, but just the way he said it sounded sarcastic and he seemed to have the personality that would joke about something like that; so I actually didn't believe him at first. But he really is - I saw his gun and badge later on. I've never been friends with a cop before so I suddenly found myself being extra careful of the things I said and did around him, even though it probably wouldn't matter at all, because I really have nothing to hide. Well, except maybe, my knife. I'm like 99% sure that it's a fully legal knife to carry around, but I've never actually measured the length of the blade, so I can't say for *sure* whether or not it's legal, and I don't have a concealed weapons permit yet either. Luckily, last night was the 1-in-10 that I didn't have my knife on me.

No one was expecting it to have rained ALL day, so the barbecue was *supposed* to be this warm and dry day... and JB had brought a football to throw around, but no one wanted to throw it because it was so wet outside and still raining a bit. But I'm a sucker for football and will throw anytime anyplace. So we threw back and forth for 15 minutes or so - until it got too slippery and too dark. I then went back and chatted with Karie and this guy Nate, and JB disappeared. A few minutes later he came back and invited me and Karie to his place to watch a movie. A friend of mine and I had joked a bit last night about doing something tonight, but I hadn't heard back from him, so I figured it wasn't actually going to happen... so Karie and I went to JB's for a movie.

Well... about 10 minutes before the end of the movie, the same friend who joked about doing something tonight suddenly texts me (it's about 10:15). Turns out, he's still planning on stopping by... but Karie and I are still at JB's. Luckily, the movie is almost over. The movie ends, he walks us back to our place, we say 'thanks for the movie', unlock our door, walk inside, begin walking towards the kitchen, and literally about 5 seconds later there was a knock at our door. It was my friend Aaron. I guess I can see how my mom thinks my life could be a sitcom!

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

You are too cute. What a socialite!! How fun.

Ya .... Seinfeld comes to mind, :)