Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Beauty of Freelance

I am currently sitting in an absolutely beautiful hotel room, on a king-size bed. In front of me is a couch, a coffee table, another smaller couch, a full-sized table, a 32" flat screen TV, a full fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and stove; and don't forget the cabinets full of dishes. The cost: nothing! Ahh the beauties of freelancing. :D Twice a year XXL Sports covers this huge thing up in Pocatello, Idaho. In the fall, it's the "Rocky Mountain Rumble" where 8 high school teams come up here and compete... 4 back-to-back football games. In February - at least last year - it was the Simplot Games. All I know is that I quite look forward to these two gigs each year for its myriad of perks.

Anyway, so the event is so long that we have to come a day before to set everything up. It's called a "set-day." We got here around noon, set everything up until about 6, and then had the rest of the evening to do whatever. If I actually knew people in Pocatello, I might have done something... but it actually has been kind of nice having this massive room all to myself with time to just relax and think and whatnot. :) Conveniently, one of my absolute favorite movies (The Holiday) was on TV, so I ended up watching most of it. I think I'm glad I don't have a count of how many times I have seen that movie, because it would probably be embarrassing. :P

Today also marks the first day since I have moved back to Utah that I am actually up-to-date on my blog again! It has been rather hit or miss the last few weeks due to my lack of internet, but I finally got things sorted out with that and I have internet again! I will try to continue to actively post on here for those of you who keep up with it. But no guarantees as to the level of excitement... I don't have many upcoming gigs to write about! And Olivia, thanks so much for all of the comments. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

You are in Pocatello and you didn't tell me?!! What the?!

Olivia Heilmann said...

You're welcome. I feel that if someone takes the time to read your thoughts...the polite thing to do in return is to share your thoughts back.
Feedback is important. ;)
Cushy room...nothing to do...hmm. When can I visit? hahahahaha