Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Wisdom of Teeth

Okay, first things first: it's 09-09-09! I don't know why, but I love these days! I remember my senior year we were all excited because we were going to have senior skip day on 04-04-04... until we found out that it was on a Sunday. Boo! Haha or when I was about 14, I decided that I wanted to get married on 07-07-07 or 08-08-08, etc. Hey, at the time, 21+ was "so old" and it seemed like such a plausible idea! Maybe something like 04-08-12 will better suit me. :P Shoot, that's on a Sunday too! Nevermind.

In other news... I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out. I almost got them taken out when I was 20 - when the whole mission thing was going to happen - but then plans changed, a mission didn't feel right anymore, and thus the teeth never came out. They hurt from time to time, but never like today. The pain was so unbearable that I couldn't even finish my bowl of cereal! I called my mom in tears because I didn't know what to do. She told me to call a few places, find a good price, set up an appointment, and we'd worry about the rest later. In the meantime, I was to take 4 ibuprofen immediately.

I promptly obeyed my mother, downed the ibuprofen, and once I could actually move my mouth without pain again, I started making calls. I found a seemingly reputable place that only charges $950 for all 4 teeth + the anesthesia (others were estimating about $1500). I could have done it as soon as tomorrow, but I'm working in Pocatello all day Friday and Saturday and you are usually out at least a full day after the teeth are removed, so I decided not to risk it. Unfortunately, this dentist only does extractions on Thursdays (in SLC) and Fridays (in Provo). But I'm working next Saturday as well (filming the Weber State game), so I decided to go up to SLC to do it and give myself Friday as a cushion to be back to normal by Saturday.

Honestly, I am quite freaked out! I have never had any sort of mouth work done or anesthesia given to me. I've never had a cavity, never given blood or had a needle stuck into me, never been admitted to a hospital, nothing. So the idea of going to a place where they will actually knock me out and yank these teeth out kind of scares me! I just really hope that I'm not one of those horror stories...

2 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

YIKES!!! Ya be careful who you hang out with, or who takes care of you. You just might kiss them!! That is what I did in my delirium afterward. At least it was Tim...but at the time we were just friends...so it was a little awkward once I recovered and wasn't so drugged up. We decided to forget the whole thing because drug induced affection just doesn't really count. HAHAHAHA!

Marisa said...

haha!! That's hilarious. I will definitely keep that in mind! :)