Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Strangers are Just Friends Waiting To Happen

Everyone has those few friends with whom you can share absolutely everything. They usually come far and few between, but when you find a friend like that, it's awesome. I've had 2 or 3 friends like that for quite some time now, but I've recently gained another. And it's funny because Alyssa and I have only known each other since May! But yet it's as if we have been the closest of friends for ages - and I love it!

Anyway, I went to Alyssa's last night just so we could catch up and whatnot, because it had been about a week and a half (she still lives in Sparks, and I'm about 2 miles away now). We ended up talking for almost FOUR hours! We definitely never run out of things to say to one another! And it was just one of those really good conversations, ya know? We talked about everything. And I just love it when you come across friends with whom you can tell anything to and know that it will be okay. Alyssa, you're great! :)

In other news, I leave for California today! Unfortunately, I'm not leaving until 5 or 6 tonight, so it's going to be a looong drive. But Paul (the guy I'm driving down with) doesn't get out of classes until 4 I think, and he's driving down from Salt Lake. Bummer. I know the "polite" thing is to stay awake the entire drive - for the driver's sake... but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. I'm like 99% back to normal (from the whole wisdom teeth thing), but the only thing that isn't 100% normal is my sleeping habits. I feel like a little kid who needs a nap every 2 or 3 hours! So I very well may conk out for a few hours here and there!

But I'm so excited to go. Hopefully this time next year I'll be back in California - permanently. Well, maybe not permanently, because I don't want to live there forever... but for a good many years at least. And to go along with the post title... I have met Paul once... and he was dressed as a pirate. ha! So I've never seen him dressed normal, and I've never actually talked to him for more than 5 seconds, so it will definitely be an interesting - but fun - drive. He seems like a cool guy though, so I have a feeling there will be some good conversation that will come. Here's to California!

No comments: