Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

She'd Be California

So... I have gone back and forth about 20 times as to whether or not I would be making a trip out to CA this weekend. Jackie, an awesome girl I met this summer, is getting baptized! We met at a party the first month I was in CA and randomly happened to be working on the same film short the following week and have kept in touch ever since. I really wanted to go, but I had a double dilemma: (1) money, and (2) work. I was scheduled to work this event Friday night so I would have had to fly, and I couldn’t find anything for less than $200. So after much deliberation, I decided late last night that I wouldn’t be able to make it.

However, I got a call this afternoon from the guy who crews me for the sports events and he began to explain the gruesome details of the event on Friday. He said “let me preface this with the fact that I love having you on my crews and if you still choose to work this event, I will gladly take you… but I just thought I should let you know what exactly is going down…” It’s this bloody bare knuckles cage fighting event that is being filmed in Wyoming because pretty much everywhere else it would be illegal. And it is supposedly planned to be so gruesome that it is only going to be broadcast via internet. I will spare you the rest of the details, but after talking with him, I decided that it may be best to pass on this one.

Suddenly, my Friday was free again and I was excited because I was actually going to go to this dancing thing with Karie that I really wanted to go to anyway. But then I called Jackie to wish her a happy birthday and found out that her friend Paul, who moved to SLC, is driving out for her baptism! I told her that my work thing had just been ‘canceled’ and that driving out was once again an option! So she gave me Paul’s number and I called him up and he’s going to pick me up on his way down and we’re going to road trip it to California tomorrow! I love the spontaneity of my life. :P

Now, the only thing that I feel bad about is that I did have tentative plans for Saturday. The YA tech crew does a reunion about once a year and they’re actually really fun. It’s this Saturday morning and I was definitely planning on being there, but alas… I guess I won’t. And I also had a date this Saturday, but luckily when it was scheduled, he already knew it was tentative so at least the idea of me canceling was already a possibility.

It’s funny, because I just realized that I haven’t even been gone a full month, yet it feels like I have been gone forever. I guess I fell in love with California more than I thought! Anyway, I’m excited to go back – even if it is only for a few days!! :)

Post title: song by Rascal Flatts

No comments: