Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Here's to the Night

Oh my goodness today was so much fun!!! It consisted pretty much of a full day of catching up with old friends! First, I went to lunch with James. We did Fuente Ovejuna (a play) together back in '05, he got me through some pretty rough times the year of crappy roommates, and was one of my best guy friends til he left for his mission. It was so fun to see him, because I hadn't seen him since he'd gotten back!!

Next, I went to Beau's and chatted with him for an hour or so and then we went and washed his car! It may not sound like it was that exciting, but I actually had never gone to one of those "wash it yourself" places and it was really fun! Afterward, we went back to his place and watched part of a movie before I headed out.

I ate a quick dinner and then headed to Jake's... and got there for the last 5 minutes of their FHE. haha hey, it's always good to make new friends! :P Afterward, we caught up on our summers and the latest events in our lives and then went to a friend's apartment and watched the FSU/Miami game. Yes, I am a strange girl and actually enjoy watching football. I found it amusing at one point, when I noticed that there were 10 people in the room watching the game, and I was the only girl. This is exactly why all of my friends are usually guys! I would SO much rather watch a football game than something like "America's Next Top Model." And I'd rather go throw a football than paint my nails!

Anyway, a friend of mine needed to drop a CD off to me, so I just had him drop it at Sparks, since that's where I was, and on my way to the front of Sparks, I ran into Verdon, Ian, and all the guys in Apt 10. They were about to start a movie, so after I picked up my CD, I went back to 10 and watched a movie with them. After the movie, everyone disappeared except for Verdon and their new roommate Patrick. The three of us chatted for a long time, and at some point Patrick happened to mention that his mom is a massage therapist and thus learned how to give really good backrubs. I jokingly-but-seriously said "Hmm... now I'm curious to see how good..." So I got one, and he is actually very good!!

I told him I had a sister about his age (he's only 19; Rachel is 17) and he quickly asked "does she live here??" Haha. The funny thing though, is that to me, he totally seems like the type my sister would go for. I told her about him and she said "Can I come live with you??" However, she should probably finish high school first. ;)

Anyway, all in all it is good to be back in Provo. I found it somewhat difficult to be social in L.A. because most of the friends I met weren't LDS and always wanted to go to bars for social outings. I like the cliche - but fun - pool parties, bonfires, game nights, and regular 'ol movie nights. There's always something to do!! :D And everyone is within a 2-mile radius of one another! I love it!

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Livin' the dream. Enjoy every moment! ;)