Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Boom De Ah Dah, Boom De Ah Dah

I don't know why, but I decided to write a list of random things that I love... and probably add to it from time to time.  So, in absolutely NO order whatsoever, here it goes:

-Rain and everything about it.  Dancing in it, playing in it, the smell of it, etc.
-My family --> ALL of them.  I love every single one of them for their own special reason(s) and no matter what any of them does, I will still always love them.
-Technology.  I could go on forever with this one, but seriously, how would we even get around nowadays without all the technology we are blessed to have?  The internet, cell phones, TVs, DVDs, electricity... you get the idea.
-Sunlight.  I can't explain to you why, but sunlight just makes me happy.  I don't do nearly as well in places with cold winters because it is always dark and gloomy and just depresses me.
-The Gospel.  I probably love the gospel more than anything else in this world.  I love my family, and everything else on this list, but if I had to give it all up for my religion, my standards, and my beliefs, I would do it.  I have a testimony that can never be removed, and no one can ever take it away from me no matter how hard they may try.  I love this gospel, I love my Savior, and I love this church.
-Pillows!  They just make sleep SO much more enjoyable... and trust me, I really love pillows.  Currently, there are 7 different pillows of various shapes and sizes on my bed. :P
-Nature.  I think I gained a greater appreciation for nature when my family moved to D.C.  Our backyard was basically a huge forest that I could go deep into for miles.  It became my thinking place, and it's just always so peaceful in nature.
-Camping.  To go along with the previous one, I love camping.  I know most girls don't seem to enjoy it, but oh I love it!  If I could afford it, I would have a whole stash of camping gear and go whenever I got the chance!
-Storms.  When I was younger, the second it started thundering and raining, my mom and I would go outside on our front porch and watch the storm.  I miss the daily 'sun showers' and lightning and thunderstorms we had in Florida!
-IKEA.  Haha this one made me laugh even putting it down, but I seriously love that place.  They have the coolest things!  And my room is proof of it - it's pretty much all from IKEA - from my bedding down to my trash can.  
-Culture.  I don't know why, but I LOVE learning about different cultures!  If I could afford it, I would travel the world. 
-Languages.  I have this thing for languages and I just love them!  Even if I don't understand what others are saying, sometimes I just like listening to it.  My current goal of languages to fully master before I die are: Spanish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, and Ukrainian - in that order.
-'Shade' shirts!  They just make life easier... 'nuff said.
-The ocean.  Oh my gosh I can't even begin to tell you how much I missed the ocean until I finally saw it again... and got in it... and was just there on the beach, listening to the ocean waves crash against one another.  There is just something about oceans and waves that are so beautiful and calming.
-Movies.  There is always a movie for any mood and they are great to pass the time!  Plus, it's what I do - how could I not include it? :)
-Learning.  And I don't mean education, though that is important.  But I love learning, and I love it most when it isn't forced, but by choice.  I love learning languages, how to do new things, new sports, how to fix things, etc.  I love learning new things.
-Sports!  Yes, I'm weird - I quite enjoy most sports.  And I would rather be playing than watching, though I do actually enjoy watching many sports as well (especially football and basketball).  I remember when I was about 8 and the 49ers were playing in the Super Bowl... I had to go to bed before the game ended and the first thing I asked my mom the next morning was "who won!?"
-Roller coasters.  Love 'em!  When I was 6, I was too small to ride "Anaconda" (King's Dominion), but while the other family members were arguing about who was going have to stay behind with me, our turn in line came up and we were all rushed into the next... cart (what are they called?) and I thought it was the coolest thing ever - especially that I got to ride it even though I was too short!  I have been hooked ever since. :D
-Sharing the Gospel.  With the exception of my years at BYU, I have always been one of very few LDS people in my area or school... and I loved it.  I hardly ever was given a hard time about being Mormon, but instead was constantly asked questions about it.  I love sharing what I know to be true with others.  Any question that is asked, I will gladly answer - or find the answer.
-Being left-handed...and ambidextrous.  By definition, I am left-handed and I do love being 'different'!  However, I am almost 100% ambidextrous and I love it!  Give me a pen and I can write for you in my right hand almost equally as well (just takes longer).  And in sports, I am almost always right-side dominant, though some sports it doesn't seem to matter because I am actually too equally 'dominant.'  Weird, huh?
-My friends... from all stages of my life.  It seems that most of my friends come and go depending on where we all are in life, but for the time that I have with them, I am grateful.
-Extra-special friends.  Basically, the ones who deeply impacted me in some way or another, and/or the ones I spent all of my time with.  My first best friend was Kimberly Olson-Moore - I met her when I was 3 and we were neighbors.  Elementary school was Omar Reveron - he translated for me on our school bus (I was the only non-Spanish speaking one).  Middle school was Jessi Gay, Ashli Slife, and Emily McGuire ... you get the idea.
-Life experiences - all of them.  You know how people will sometimes ask that cliche question "if you could change anything from your life, what would you change?"?  Well, my answer is cliche!  I wouldn't change anything!  Each experience I have had - good or bad - has helped make me into the person that I am today.  I may not have loved the experience itself, but I love what life experiences do to one's character.  I love the opportunities and growth that come from it.
-Animals!  There is just something about animals that you can't help but love.  I bet every single person likes at least one animal.  My favorite by far is dolphins... then cats.  If I could have a pet dolphin I would.  
-LDS Temples.  I'm pretty sure there is no other more peaceful place in the world that you can go.  I absolutely love the temples.  I love looking at them, going to them, and doing ordinances inside of them.  I love that here I can be sealed for time and all eternity to my family.
-Games.  My family is a big game family.  It's just what we do!  Whether it's a board game or cards, a silly little game like "telephone" or one that makes you think.  I just love games!
-Singing.  I love singing almost all styles and genres, but my favorite is actually singing hymns a cappella with a friend (Mary, I miss this so much!!!)
-Music.  Figured I should cover this in a very broad way.  Whether it's listening to music, playing music, learning a new instrument... I love it all.  Music is one of those universal things that is just great anywhere.
-Dancing!!  And mostly I'm talking about partner dancing.  Old school dancing.  Ballroom kind of stuff.  First and foremost being swing, of course... but waltz, cha-cha, etc... man I just love it!  I wish so badly that people nowadays still knew how to dance like that and that it was commonly seen at 'dances' still...

Okay, I guess I will end for now.  But I am almost certain that this will be one of those blog entries I am constantly adding more to.  

No comments: