Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do I Look Pretty Daddy?

In the last two days, I have watched two excellent films.  One is a regular-ish movie and the other is more of what you'd call an "artsy" one.  The first is My Sister's Keeper.  Be prepared to bring plenty of tissues as it is about a girl dying of cancer.  (And yes, even I cried in this one) But is fabulous and I really loved the way they put it all together.  It also makes me wish that no kid ever had to go through the whole cancer process.  It's not fair for anyone, but especially not for kids.
The second is called Paradise Now (2005); it's an international film in Arabic with English subtitles, but if you're in that 'artsy' sort of mood, I highly recommend it.  It just gives you a really different perspective on things by focusing on these two Palestinians' lives and how they ended up in their particular situation.  (I also realized about 10 minutes before the movie ended that I don't think it had a soundtrack... at all.  But the lack of soundtrack somehow added to the overall feel of the movie.)  This film made me grateful for what I have and how many freedoms I've been blessed with since birth.  I guess you could say that it put things into perspective for me.  

Post title: quote from My Sister's Keeper.

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

I have been wanting to watch that movie for a long time, it looks like my kind of movie... the kind that makes me cry :)