Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Discover the Magic

Well, I definitely had a very filled day!  10:30am-10pm at a theme park (Magic Mountain) will tucker you out!  But it was a blast.  I realized at some point today that the last theme park I was at was King's Dominion... in 2005.  So it was high time I got myself on some roller coasters!  I don't remember the names of all the ones we rode.  Some of them were Deja Vu, Goliath, Scream, Batman, Tatsu, Colossus, etc.  Hannah and I also split from the group to go watch the CSI show... except it was pretty dumb.  It was entertaining, though - and it got us out of the heat and off our feet for a half hour!  In the beginning of the day we split off: "older kids" and "younger kids" basically.  Hannah, Emily, Katie, this girl Dani (one of the girls of the family friend Russell and Lisa are staying at), and I went off and rode a bunch of roller coasters while the others went to the Looney Tunes area of the park for kids.  We all met up for lunch and ate sandwiches and whatnot just outside of the park.  Then we split up again.  But at 4:30 Hannah and I split off from the others and didn't really meet up with everyone else until it was time to go.  Our favorite of the day had been Tatsu, so after the CSI show and one other ride, we got in line again for Tatsu.  It of course decided to then break down.  But we waited for about 20 minutes and it finally started up again.
By the way, major props to Russell and Lisa for always keeping track of 9 kids.  There is no way I would be able to handle that many kids!  Especially with only a 15-year difference between the oldest and youngest!  They are definitely cute kids, though.  I had a lot of fun with Allyson on the way home, talking with her in Donald Duck.  She thought that was the coolest thing and would laugh every time I said something to her in Donald Duck.  She'd ask me a question, I'd answer, and then she'd laugh, give me a hug, and say "I love you Donald!" haha.  She's cute.  
I also met Batman and got a henna tattoo!  Okay, maybe not at the same time, but both were fun.  Batman definitely played his part... I believed him! haha.  And at the end of the night, Hannah and I decided to get a $2 henna tattoo, but the guy had already started closing up for the night.  But he gave us free ones!  It's just a little star, but it still looks cool.  And don't worry, I will never ever EVER get a real tattoo. (1) they're gross (especially when you're old and wrinkly!), and (2) I hate needles.  
They had that "Guess Your Age" and "Guess Your Weight" thing there and I was sooo tempted to do that, because no one can correctly guess either of those if they don't already know me!  Once when Hannah and I were in line for a ride, we started talking with two of the girls in front of us... 1 guessed 16, the other guessed 17.  And I'm pretty sure the henna guy thought we were both high school girls.  I hadn't gotten 16 in a while though... guess I'm looking even younger! haha. 

No comments: