Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

I decided to make a list... of all the actors that I want to work with in my lifetime.  I once read somewhere that if you actually write down your goals, you are like 75% more likely to accomplish them.  So far, it has proven true for myself with previous Bucket Lists I have written.  And yes, I pulled that percentage out of nowhere, but you get the idea...
If there is no explanation next to the name, then I simply want to work with them because they seem like a down-to-earth person in real life and I want to know if my assumptions are correct.  This list is also in no particular order:
-Will Smith - quite possibly my favorite actor.  I'm not sure why.  When I was about 10 or 12, I remember watching this special feature about him and it just really impressed me, and obviously stuck with me.  Ever since that special feature (it was like a 60 Minutes thing or something) I've admired him.  
-Angelina Jolie - I want to work with her because basically, if I were an actress I would want half of her roles.  I love the "girl kicks butt" movies and that is frequently her role.  Tomb Raider, Gone in 60 Seconds, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, etc.  
-Anne Hathaway - While I can't see the resemblance, in the last 5 years I have gotten 8 or 10 people who have said to me, "you look like Anne Hathaway."  Also, I just think she would be fun to work with.
-Danielle Panabaker - this girl could be my twin... in certain pictures.  Remember this one?  I want to see what she looks like in person.
Which one is me?
-Vin Diesel - I love action movies.  He seems like the kind of guy who would be tough on camera, but a goofball on set.  
-Tom Hanks - My mom loves Tom Hanks.  I'd get his autograph for her. :P 
-Katherine Heigl - I knew who she was before anyone else, thank you very much!  She was in one of my favorite TV Disney movies "Wish Upon A Star" in 1996, and also in my all-time favorite TV show (aside from Boy Meets World) "Roswell" in the late 90s.  She's also married to one of my favorite singers, Josh Kelley... who also happens to have the same last name (correctly spelled, I might add) as me.  AND... she was raised LDS (story is here) and I've always been curious to find out what happened.
-Jim Carrey - After working on a few comedic projects in the last few weeks, I have decided that I want to work with a 'big-time' comedian.  I know a lot of his jokes can be crude, but at the same time, I think he would be absolutely hilarious to work with.  Just in watching the few outtakes from some of his films are enough to convince me of the ever-present chaos that would be on set.
-Nicolas Cage - I don't have a real reason to this one.  I just love every movie I've seen him in, so I think it would be cool to work with him.
-Hilary Duff - she seems like one who could actually be a normal human being.  Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm curious to know if she's down-to-earth or not.
-Jennifer Garner - After watching "13 Going on 30" and watching behind-the-scenes stuff for a few things she has been in, it sounds like she would be really fun to work with.
-James McAvoy - I have no real reason for this one... I've only seen him in a few things (Narnia, Penelope) but those few things I quite like.  
-Matt Damon - The Bourne movies are among my Top 10 movies.  And he does seem like he could be a genuinely nice guy. 
-Sandra Bullock - She was my first ever 'favorite actress' and I think she still is.  Ever since While You Were Sleeping, all the way to The Proposal... I just love her movies!  
-Zachary Quinto - Though his character on Heroes (Sylar) is the exact opposite, this is another one of those "he just seems like he'd be a really nice guy" ones.  I watched this interview he did once and thought, "hmm, I wonder if he's that nice in person to regular everyday people... he seems like it."
-John Travolta.  When his son died, I ended up watching a special on TV about him and his family.  Every single crew member they spoke with on that said that he was one of their absolute favorite actors to work with.  He treats everyone on set like an equal and cares equally about the DP as he does the lowly PA.  I've also heard this from a few I know who have worked with him... so because of that, I now would love to work with him as well.

Actors I've already met and/or worked with:
-Shawn Ashmore - he was actually on the above list and was one of the first 'name' actors I ever worked with (aside from the HSM cast).  He was on this TV Disney show I used to watch all the time called "In A Heartbeat", and then was Iceman in the X-Men movies.  He just seemed like a super nice, down-to-earth kind of guy and I wanted to know if my assumptions were correct.  I'm happy to report that they are.  He was the probably the nicest of the cast.
-Kevin Zegers - he was on the same film as Shawn, and while he wasn't mean, he wasn't particularly nice and friendly either.  He kept to himself and hardly talked to anyone... always had headphones in with his ipod so loud that I could tell what song it was he was listening to. (oh, he was the kid in the Air Bud movies from the 90s)
-The HSM cast.  I'm not about to list them all by name, and these ones were not on my list... but I will say that the guys of the cast (Corbin, Zac, and Lucas) were definitely the nicest.  I didn't have good experiences with the girls.  Corbin really impressed me.  He is absolutely amazing to his fans and I wish more celebs were like that to their fans.
-Robin Williams.  Okay not really.  Sort of.  I passed him at Sundance last year and have a picture of him.  To his credit though, he was really good about stopping and taking pictures with fans.  He was also a lot shorter than I thought.

Anyway... there's a tentative list.  I know I'm missing quite a few, but they just haven't come to mind yet.  First day of filming went just fine.  The actors are comedians so the improvised lines are always very entertaining... sometimes it's hard to not laugh in the middle of a take!

Post title: quote by Anatole France

2 comments:

Melinda DeBirk said...

Marisa, I love that you watched all those Disney Channel movies like me! And Roswell... I'm glad I'm not the only one... you are awesome and it's so cool that you took the LA leap and are making it happen!

Marisa said...

You watched Roswell!?! You are now like 10 times cooler for that. ;) And all those Disney shows were awesome! Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. :P